President Bola Tinubu has approved the appointment of Olasupo Olusi as the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of the Bank of Industry (BOI) for a term of four years in the first instance.
A statement from the President’s Media aide, Ajuri Ngelale, said the approval of Mr Olusi’s appointment follows the voluntary resignation of former BOI Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer, Olukayode Pitan.
Mr Olusi has served as a World Bank economist and development finance expert over the past 20 years.
Between 2011 and 2015, he served as the economic adviser to then Coordinating Minister of the Economy and Minister of Finance.
Mr Olusi is an alumnus of Hull University, United Kingdom. He also obtained a master’s degree in International Money, Finance, and Investment, as well as a Doctorate in Finance & Economics from Durham University, United Kingdom, in 2005.
The President tasked the new BOI chief executive to ensure that Nigerians, who are operating all sizes of enterprises across sectors, are given fair and equitable access to much-needed support to bolster employment generation and wealth creation amongst income groups in the country with special regard for lower and middle-income enterprise operators.
…the newly entrusted leadership in these important sub-sectors are tasked to innovate and create new opportunities for Nigerians to leverage upon through the effective reform of these key institutions of government which function to unify our people, reshape mindsets, and showcase this great nation to the rest of the world.
NOA, NTA, FRCN, NBC
In a related development, the President also approved the appointment of eight new CEOs for parastatals and agencies under the Federal Ministry of Information and National Orientation:
- National Orientation Agency (NOA) — Director-General/CEO — Mr. Lanre Issa-Onilu
- Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) — Director-General/CEO — Mr. Salihu Abdulhamid Dembos
- Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria (FRCN) — Director-General/CEO — Dr. Muhammed Bulama
- National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) — Director-General/CEO — Mr. Charles Ebuebu
- Voice of Nigeria (VON) — Director-General/CEO — Mr. Jibrin Baba Ndace
- Advertising Regulatory Council of Nigeria (ARCON) — Director-General/CEO — Dr. Lekan Fadolapo
- News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) — Managing Director/CEO — Mr. Ali Muhammed Ali
- Nigerian Press Council (NPC) — Executive Secretary/CEO — Mr. Dili Ezughah
The President tasks the newly entrusted leadership in these important sub-sectors to innovate and create new opportunities for Nigerians to leverage upon through the effective reform of these key institutions of government which function to unify our people, reshape mindsets, and showcase this great nation to the rest of the world.
By these directives of the President, the above-listed appointments take immediate effect.