President Bola Tinubu has approved the appointment of new Chief Executive Officers of several agencies and parastatals under the Federal Ministry of Industry, Trade and Investment.
He explained that this is in line with his resolve to base Nigeria’s economic revival on the foundation of trade expansion through small, medium and large-scale industry facilitation in the country.
A statement by the President’s spokesperson, Ajuri Ngelale, said the appointments take immediate effect, and include the following:
- Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) — Hussaini Ishaq Magaji,
- Industrial Training Fund (ITF) — Afiz Ogun Oluwatoyin
- National Sugar Development Council (NSDC) — Kamar Bakrin
- Nigeria Export Processing Zone Authority (NEPZA) — Olufemi Ogunyemi
- Nigeria Export Promotion Council (NEPC) — Nonye Ayeni
- Nigeria Investment Promotion Commission (NIPC) — Aisha Rimi
- Oil & Gas Free Zone Authority (OGFZA) — Bamanga Usman Jada
- Small & Medium Enterprises Development Agency of Nigeria (SMEDAN) — Charles Odii
- Standards Organisation of Nigeria (SON) — Ifeanyi Chukwunonso Okeke
- Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria (FRCN) — Rabiu Olowo
- Nigeria Commodities Exchange (NCE) — Anthony Atuche, CFA
- Lagos International Trade Fair Complex (LITFCMB) — Veronica Safiya Ndanusa
- Tafawa Balewa Square Management Board (TBSMB) — Lucia Shittu
- National Automotive Design and Development Council (NADDC) — Oluwemimo Joseph Osanipin
The statement concludes that “In view of the Renewed Hope Agenda of his administration, President Bola Tinubu expects all new appointees in this critical sector to optimally deliver in accordance with new key performance indicating benchmarks as established by the Federal Ministry of Industry, Trade and Investment.”
The new appointees in this critical sector are expected to optimally deliver in accordance with new key performance indicating benchmarks as established by the Federal Ministry of Industry, Trade and Investment.