The Director-General, Bureau of Public Enterprises (BPE), Alex A. Okoh has said the mandate of Service Compact (SERVICOM) propels the Bureau’s service delivery initiative and appealed to other government agencies in the country to do the same.
Okoh said this at the second quarter Meeting of the State House Ministerial SERVICOM Unit, and the Focal Officers of SERVICOM Units of Parastatals, under the oversight of the State House hosted by the BPE on Tuesday.
He said in its drive to achieve the SERIVCOM mandate, the Bureau anchors all its activities on integrity and transparency, result orientation, accountability, teamwork and commitment and diligence.
The Director-General commended BPE’s SERVICOM Unit for discharging its duties conscientiously, which earned it the award of a four-star ranking by the SERVICOM Corporate Office during the Functionality Evaluation conducted in November 2019.
In its drive to achieve the SERIVCOM mandate, the Bureau anchors all its activities on integrity and transparency, result orientation, accountability, teamwork, and commitment and diligence.
He said the BPE employs the use of various devices and measures to achieve the tenets of SERVICOM. These include:
- Frequent use of Surveys to assess the level of customer satisfaction with services rendered by the Bureau;
- Constant scrutiny and review of our internal processes to identify areas that require improvement;
- Review and Implementation of our Service Charter
- Quarterly meeting of the SERVICOM Committee to ensure that service delivery issues are identified and adequately addressed;
- Regular training programmes to sensitise staff on their roles and responsibilities with regards to service delivery; and
- Use of an electronic clock-in system at both receptions and CCTV to monitor the punctuality of staff, capture details of visitors and track movements within the premises for security purposes.
Recall that SERVICOM was instituted on March 24, 2004, as a means of ensuring effective and efficient public service delivery in all Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) of the Federal Government.
In compliance with this, the Bureau established its Unit of SERVICOM, to ensure efficient service delivery initiative as envisaged by the Government.