The Presidential Fiscal Policy and Tax Reforms Committee announces the Commencement of Stakeholder Engagements and Call for Memoranda on Fiscal Policy and Tax Reforms
The call was made in a statement today by the Committee’s Chairman, Taiwo Oyedele, on his official X formerly Twitter handle: @taiwoyedele.
The Presidential Fiscal Policy and Tax Reforms Committee was set up by President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, to review and advise on reforms to shape Nigeria’s fiscal policies and tax system.
The statement reads further: “In this regard, the Committee hereby calls for submission of memoranda from the general public.
“Submissions are expected on a wide range of topics relating to the Committee’s terms of reference, including but not limited to:
- Fiscal Governance – Issues regarding public financial management, government spending priorities, debt management and economic policy coordination.
- Revenue Transformation – Revenue administration, taxation structure, incentives management, and non-tax revenue mobilisation.
- Economic Growth Facilitation – Promoting ease of business, addressing impediments to trade, and supporting MSMEs.
Oyedele also noted that the public’s input “will assist the Committee to develop policies that promote economic growth, equitable taxation system, improved accountability and sustainability of Nigeria’s fiscal system.”
Those wishing to submit their memoranda are advised to visit: https://fiscalreforms.ng/index.php/stakeholder-engagements-and-consultations/… and use the specially designed form.
Your input will assist the Committee to develop policies that promote economic growth, equitable taxation system, improved accountability and sustainability of Nigeria’s fiscal system.
Such submission are meant to follow these guidelines:
- Memoranda should be in electronic format (PDF or Word document).
- Submissions should be sent to email@example.com or delivered in hard copy to Room 709B, Mulliner Towers, 39 Alfred Rewane Road, Ikoyi Lagos or Revenue House, 15 Sokode Crescent, Wuse Zone 5, FCT Abuja.
- Include your name, contact information, and organisation (if applicable).
- Indicate the subject of your memorandum in the email subject line or on the envelope.
The deadline for submitting a memorandum is November 15.
Also, inquiries or further information, could be made by a text message to +234 810 975 3151 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.